It’s National M & M Day
It’s national M & M Day! A day to celebrate the “melt in your mouth, not in your hand” candy.
5 facts about M & M’s:
- From 1976 to 1985 there were no red M&M’s
- Blue M&M’s were introduced in 1995
- M&M’s were taken along on the first space shuttle voyage in 1982
- There are 340 million M&M’s produced daily
- The “M&M” was modeled after a candy Forrest Mars, Sr. encountered while in Spain in the 1930’s. He observed soldiers eating chocolate pellets with a hard shell of tempered chocolate. This prevented the candies from melting, which was essential when included in soldiers’ rations.