650 new words! Can you name one?
For September, Dictionary.com has released its biggest update ever. Among the 650 new entries are these words:
• amirite: an informal variant spelling of the phrase “am I right”
• battle royale: a fight, often to the death, sometimes featured in video games or TV/movies
• contouring: a makeup application style in which foundation and bronzer are used to create definition along the bone structure of the face
• ecoanxiety: anxiety caused by a dread of environmental perils, especially climate change
• GOAT: greatest of all time: (to refer to a person or thing that is considered to be the best ever)
• janky: inferior in quality
• nothingburger: an often highly publicized event or situation that has less impact or significance than expected:
• swole: (especially of a man) very muscular
• zhuzh (pron: zhoosh): to make more lively and interesting, stylish, or appealing, by a small change or addition (usually followed by up), as in “Zhuzh up your living room with throw pillows”
• (***Caution***) DGAF: to not care at all (an abbreviation used to indicate an indifferent or unbothered attitude, without explicit vulgarity)
Obviously, this is just a few of the new ones they have added. However, I couldn’t even imagine what the 640 words are!